NYC East Village - 1 bdrm apt available for short-term rental, June - September, 2011

edited April 2011 in Sale or Rent
I have a small, sweet, funky, and fully-furnished apartment, located in an original tenement building on East 7th Street in the East Village.

It's a parlor floor apartment with 12' ceilings, exposed brick walls, ceiling fans and lots of "Ginsbergian" charm. The rooms (a living room, kitchen, bedroom with sleeping loft, and bathroom) are laid out end-to-end, in the classic railroad style. It has air conditioning, a small fridge, a microwave and a fully equipped kitchen. There's no bathtub, but the shower is ample and nice. The loft bed is accessible by a library ladder, and there's also a sofa bed in the living room.

The building is located just a few blocks from Tompkins Square Park on one side, and the East River, with parks, tennis courts and a running track on the other. It's a great tree-lined block, with small storefront churches, restaurants, supermarkets, coffee shops, wine stores, and many wonderful community gardens nearby.

The apartment is a creative haven. I'm a novelist, and I've always been able to work well here, and other writers and filmmakers who've stayed here say the same. There are two desks suitable for laptop use, and a nice rocking armchair for reading. There's Wifi, a black & white laser printer, and a 22 inch flatscreen monitor that you can use if you bring the appropriate adapter for your laptop. There's a telephone that can be used to make local calls or to receive incoming long distance calls.

The apartment is available for short term rentals from June 1 through the end of September. The rate is $700/week (with a minimum stay of one week), $1300/two weeks, or $2500/month. Rates include all utilities and Wifi. We do not allow smoking or pets.

If you'd like more information about the apartment or the neighborhood, please email me, and I will send you pictures or answer any questions you may have.

thanks,
Ruth
ozekiland@gmail.com